We had the chance to sit down with Kimberly Ashby (Partner at Foley & Lardner) and Michael Wright (Founder/CEO of RedTeam Software) to discuss the tricky minefield that is construction law and litigation. Kimberly represents a wide range of clients including developers, contractors, and several government entities and has handled over 100 appeals in Florida’s Fifth District Court.
In this episode, Kimberly and Michael discuss:
- How construction is the perfect storm for conflict
- The risks associated with verbal contracts
- How context can affect contract interpretation
- The role of accountability in litigation
- How to properly gather resources
Check out the full episode below!
If you enjoyed watching this week’s episode of BuilderChat, sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with the construction industry as well as upcoming episodes.
If you want to learn more about RedTeam’s project management software, request a demo with one of our product experts below!