If you’ve been holding your breath for a new FieldLens update, you can now exhale. It’s HERE. There. Doesn’t that feel better?
We’re pretty thrilled about this update because we’ve managed to incorporate your feedback and make many of your everyday tasks easier and faster. Because this is such a big update, we highly recommend uninstalling the existing version of the app and reinstalling fresh.
Here’s what you can look forward to when you update:
- Items can now be assigned or CC’d to any email address – even if they’re not a FieldLens user. Email assignees will receive an email with Item details, and when they reply, you’ll see all of their comments, media, and file attachments post to the Item.
- Getting other FieldLens users onto your project got a whole lot simpler: When you enter an email address for an assignee or CC, we’ll recognize any FieldLens users and automatically invite them to your project. Yep, this means you can now invite them directly from your phone.
- We’ve eliminated the confusion around what type of Item to create with a couple of steps:
- ToDos have been rolled into Tasks. The new Tasks can now be assigned to anyone: an email, FieldLens users, companies and disciplines. Don’t worry, existing ToDos on your projects will become Tasks automatically.
- You no longer need to choose between creating an Observation or a Task – it’s an Observation until you add an assignee – once you do, it’s a Task. Simple and straightforward.
- FieldLens will now automatically CC your company on every Item you create, though you can still remove them if you want to keep it private.
- Tired of selecting one image at a time from your device’s photo gallery? Me too. So now iOS and Android Kit Kat users can select multiple images at once.
We’re excited to get this update into your hands, and you’ll be seeing a whole lot more improvements over the next few months. Thank you for your continued support of FieldLens and our mission to improve communication in our industry. As always, my door is open, and our coaching team is ready to help if you have any questions. Just visit our Help Center or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julian is VP Product at FieldLens