In 2004, former colleagues Mark Zaremskas and Russ Cammack teamed up to create a new commercial construction firm known as RB Marks Construction. They started in a home office with a single client and they have since built a reputable, successful, strong company that has stood the test of time through various economic changes.
We recently sat down with Russ, who focuses primarily on office operations and financial management, to talk about their company’s experience using RedTeam for nearly five years. Like most contractors, Mark and Russ started their business doing everything manually. As their company expanded, they acquired computer servers and a variety of software applications to help them run their business, but nothing was ever seamlessly integrated and manual processes remained a big part of their daily operations.
“We had difficulties maintaining our drawing logs and keeping everyone working on the right set of plans. Even with a file sharing system running on our server, everything was shared both internally and externally via email, and it was cumbersome. We really needed automation.”
After spending significant time researching accounting and project management systems, a recently hired employee suggested they look at RedTeam. The new employee told Russ, he had used RedTeam successfully at another company and thought it might be a good fit for RB Marks. After seeing a demonstration, Russ and his team agreed.
Switching from old school file sharing to RedTeam made a huge difference and allowed the RB Marks team to collaborate more effectively. In addition, Russ believes the ability to supersede plans and maintaining a complete record of the old versions significantly reduces their risk.
One of the most impactful features provided by RedTeam, according to Russ, is the Performance Overview report, which is a comprehensive overview of project status. In fact, his team regularly uses this report as a marketing tool when meeting with current and potential clients.
Overall, Russ and the RB Marks team is happy with their very important decision to run their business on RedTeam.
“We’ve had opportunities to use several project management systems, including Procore within the last year. We ran eight projects on Procore, side by side with projects on RedTeam. In the end, we found RedTeam’s accounting integration and familiar workflows to be better suited for companies like ours,” says Russ.
When asked what he would say to someone considering using RedTeam, his advice is: “Don’t hesitate to jump in head first and utilize every aspect of the program.”
“Honestly,” said Russ, as we wrapped up our discussion, “We love RedTeam!”
From our team to yours, Russ, “We love you too.”
About RB Marks Construction – www.rbmarks.com
RB Marks Construction, Inc. is a full-service general contracting, construction management, and design/build service provider. The company promises to provide its customers with unique ideas and innovative cost-saving solutions for their construction needs.
About RedTeam Software – www.redteam.com
RedTeam Software offers the most comprehensive cloud-based construction solution for project & cost control. With an intuitive interface and real-time updates, RedTeam enables construction and project finance teams to collaborate effectively online at all stages of a project – from business development and preconstruction through final billing.
Checkout more success stories below:
- Quoin Construction Limited improve their project management strategy with RedTeam.
- Clear Water Construction Services Selects RedTeam Over BuilderTrend, Procore, and Paskr.
- Apéstegui Dirección de Proyectos and Desarrollos Ecologicos del Caribe Streamline Project Management with RedTeam.
- Jack Jennings & Sons Enhances Project Management with RedTeam.
- Corbett Construction Streamlines Project Management with RedTeam.
- Sagewood Construction Selects RedTeam to Replace Procore.
- Anthony & Sons General Contractors Enhances Project Management with RedTeam.
- Pfluger Builders streamlines their project management operations with RedTeam.
- Taggart Brown & Associates, third year on RedTeam.
- 3i Contracting chooses RedTeam Software as their platform to manage every aspect of their growing business and gets great results.
- Odyssey Global uses RedTeam to Manage Every Aspect of Their Projects.